Terms and Conditions
We apologise for the rather formal wording, but hope you find these terms and conditions understandable, fair and acceptable.
- The property known as La Maison Clarée (hereafter ‘the Property’) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by J L Greig (‘the Owner’) to the renter (‘the Client’). J L Greig will act on behalf of the Owners, Indivision Duke, in this respect.
- To reserve the ‘Property’, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send written confirmation of the booking and statement of the remaining balance. This is formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 4 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owners’ insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed 12, unless the Owner has given written permission.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the Property and arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of an equipment or appliance in the Property
- for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Please note that these booking conditions will be included in our confirmation letter.